JEE Main application form is in online mode. You have to fill in valid personal, academic and contact information. The required application fee also has to be paid by the candidates. You have to select your preferred exam dates and slots along with the centres while filling the application form. Scanned documents have to be uploaded.
What is New
Since the examination is conducted twice a year, the registrations are also open twice.
Selection of dates and slots have to be done since the mode of examination is online.
Things to Keep Ready
Before filling JEE Main application form, there are some things which have to be kept ready by you:
- Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Enrollment Number: In case of candidates belonging to Assam, J&K or Meghalaya, they are allowed to upload the scanned images of their passport, voter ID or any valid Govt ID.
- Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Scanned images of photograph, signature of candidate and guardian as per given specifications.
- 10th and 12th standard details.
- Credit / Debit / Net banking details if the fee is paid online.
How to Fill Application Form
The steps to be followed are:
- Step 1: Registration and Authentication through Aadhaar
- Step 2: Filling of Online Application Form
- Step 3: Verification of Mobile Number and Email ID
- Step 4: Uploading of Scanned Documents
- Step 5: Payment of Application Fees
- Step 6: Booking of Slots and Dates
- Step 7: Printout of Acknowledgement
Step 1: Registration
First, you have to register for JEE Main. After clicking the “Apply for JEE Main” button, click on “Proceed to Apply Online”. Next, fill the given details:
- State of Eligibility
- State where XII standard / NIOS study centre is located
- Identification Type
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
The submitted Aadhaar card details are matched with the UID database. If the details match, then you can proceed with the application form.
Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
The following details have to be filled. All of the information submitted has to be valid.
Examination Related Details: You have to to select the paper, choice of examination centre, date and timing and preferred language medium of the question paper.
Personal Details: Details such as name of the candidate, father and mother’s name, category, whether they fall under the category of Person with Disability or not. More such details have to filled by the candidates.
Contact Details: The address of the candidates has to be filled. It is not necessary for the address to match with the Aadhaar card details.
Details of the Guardian: Information regarding the details of the guardian or parent’s occupation, qualification and annual income has to be submitted.
Creation of Password
After filling the online application form, you have to create password for future login and also select choice of security question and the corresponding answer. The following details should be remembered while creating the password:
- The password should have 8 to 13 characters.
- The password should have at least one upper case alphabet, one lower case alphabet and at least one numeric value.
- There should be at least one of the special characters.
You have to review and submit the application form after selecting the password. The application number is generated. Note the application number as it will be used for future login.
Step 3: Verify Mobile Number and Email ID
The mobile number and email ID provided by you during registration has to be verified. An OTP is sent for verification which has to be entered in the system after receiving it.
Step 4: Upload Scanned Documents
Next, you have to upload scanned documents. The documents to be uploaded are your photograph and signature along with father or mother or guardian’s signature. To upload the documents, click on “Upload Scanned Images” tab. The specifications for the scanned documents are:
|Documents||File Format||File Size||Dimension|
|Photograph with name and date||JPEG||4KB to 40KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||JPEG||1KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Signature of Father/Mother/Guardian||JPEG||1KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Step 5: Pay Application Fees
After successfully uploading the scanned documents, you have to pay the application fees through online or offline mode. For online mode, you can opt for Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / PayTM / SBI Buddy Wallet / Cash Cards. To pay in offline mode, you have to make the payment in cash at the nearest Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank or ICICI Bank.
Step 6: Book Slots and Dates
Next, you have to book dates and slots for the examination.
Step 7: Print Acknowledgement
Finally, take a print out acknowledgement page for future use.