BITSAT is a computer based test (no paper-based option) conducted by BITS, Pilani for admission to integrated first degree programs of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
- Last Date to Apply: 5 March, 2016
- Exam Dates: 14 to 28 May, 2016
- Declaration of Results: July, 2016
You need to score minimum 75% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) in your Class XII exam. Also, you should have at least 60% marks in each of these three subjects individually.
If you are a first rank holder in Class XII of any central or state board, you would be able for direct admission to the programme of your choice, irrespective of your BITSAT score.
BITSAT is of total 3 hour duration. The test consists of four parts:
- Part I: Physics (40 questions)
- Part II: Chemistry (40 questions)
- Part III:
- (a) English Proficiency (15 questions)
- (b) Logical Reasoning (10 questions)
- Part IV: Mathematics (45 questions)
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question has four choices out of which only one is correct. Each correct answer gives 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark. There are 150 questions in all. There is no time limit for individual parts of the test.