JAC Delhi is held for admission to DTU, NSIT, IGDTUW, IIITD. Joint Admission Counselling (JAC) starts after declaration of JEE Main result. Seat allotment result is being displayed online on basis of rank and preference. The counselling is held for 85% seats from candidates belonging to Delhi region and the remaining 15% seats with the outside state candidates.
JAC is basically a counselling and admission process. The qualifiers of JEE Main are required to apply separately for the counselling, in order to receive admission in any of the participating colleges.
Participating Institute of JAC Delhi Counselling
The JAC is held for the admission of candidates in the following four colleges:
- Delhi Technological University (DTU) - 4 year B.Tech
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) - 4 year B.Tech and 4 year B.Arch
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-D) - 4 and 5 year B.Tech
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) - 4 year B.E
The selection of the candidates is done only on the basis of JEE Main All India Rank. For admission in B.Tech and B.E courses, the rank in Paper 1 is considered. However, admission in B.Arch program, the rank of the candidates in Paper 2 is used.
IIIT-D Admission: Apart from the JEE Main rank, IIIT-D gives bonus marks to the candidates for achievement in National Talent Search, Culture, Innovation, Olympaids, Chess, etc.
The criteria of eligibility is to be satifyed by all the JEE Main qualifiers, irrespective of rank secured by them.
- If a candidates is seeking admission in DTU and IIIT-D then they must fall under the age bracket of 17 to 25 years of age.
- There is no age bar for admission in NSIT and IGDTUW.
Minimum Marks Criteria:
- For admission at DTU, IGDTUW and NSIT, candidates should have secured minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject. It is also vital that candidates must have studied English at 10+2 level.
- The admission in IIIT Delhi will be granted to those candidates, who will secure more than 80% marks in qyaluifying exam. Also, the candidates must also attain more than 80% marks in the Mathematics subject.
- Admission in B.Arch course at IGDTUW will be only be granted if the aggregate score of the candidates in qualifying exam is more than 50%. Candidaetes must have also passed in Mathematics subject.
Reservation of Seats
The reservation under JAC Delhi is as below:
The registration is online. You have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400 and in return, you will be given a password. With the help of it, you will be able to register. To register, the candidates will first have to submit the below mentioned details and pay the application fee:
- JEE Main Roll Number
- Security Pin
Choice Filling and Locking
Registered candidates, who have successfully submitted the application fee will be required to login and submit the choices for the course and college. Candidates can fill as many choices as they wish but in the order of priority.
Female candidates seeking admission in IGDTUW Architecture course will be required to choose B.Arch as one of the choices.
The entered choices will be locked automatically after the lapse of the deadline. The candidates are advised to take a printout of the submitted choice. It has to be produced during the final reporting.
The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of following factors:
- JEE Main AIR.
- Choice for the course and college submit by the candidate.
- Order of priority.
- Number of Vacant Seats.
Admission Fee Payment and Reporting
Candidates who will be allocated seat and aim to accept it, will be required to pay Rs. 75000. The JAC Delhi Seat Acceptance fee can be paid online or in cash. Next, the candidates will have to report at the allocated institute, submit required documents an confirm the admission.
The documents required during the verification at the time of reporting are:
- JAC Delhi Fee Payment Receipt
- Copy of the online registratin form. It should be signed by parents/guardian of candidtes.
- Printout of choices submitted.
- 3 passport size photographs.
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card.
- Printout of JEE Main scorecard.
- Class 12th mark sheet.
- Seat alootment letter of JAC Delhi.
- Birth Certificate.
- Reserved category / sub-category Certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- PD sub-category certificate.