How To Apply For JEE Main
JEE Main application form is in online mode. You have to fill in valid personal, academic and contact information. The required application fee also has to be paid by the candidates. You have to select your preferred exam dates and slots along with the centres while filling the application form. Scanned documents have to be uploaded.
JEE Main Exam Pattern
JEE Main consists of two papers: Paper 1 is for B.Tech or B.E. and paper 2 is for B.Arch or B.Planning. Paper 1 comprises objective type questions based on Maths, Chemistry, and Physics having equal weightage with total of 360 marks while paper 2 is for 390 marks based on Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing skills. The duration of both the papers is 3 hours each.
JEE Main 2019 - Joint Entrance Examination
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main is national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam conducted by National Testing Agency for admission to B.Tech or B.E. programmes in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other participating institutes. The exam is conducted two times in a year in online mode in January and April.
The Paper-1 of JEE Main is also an eligibility criteria for the JEE Advanced, which you have to take for admission to the undergraduate programmes at the IITs.
JEE Main Cut-off
You can check the JEE Main cutoff by logging into the result portal online. The cutoff is published category-wise. The qualifying cutoff is the minimum score you need to score to be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. In this sense, it is different from the JEE Main cutoff that is published by JoSAA for the participating institutes for admission purpose. The JEE Main cutoff published by JoSAA is branch and category specific for each participating institute.
National Testing Agency to Conduct JEE Twice a Year
Human Resources Development has made an important decision in regards to the engineering admissions. The joint entrance exam for engineering admissions, JEE, is to be conducted two times in a year from 2019. JEE Mains will be conducted in January and April.
JEE Advanced In Online Mode from 2018
To enter the gateway of the prestigious IITs, it is imperative to appear in JEE Advanced, which is the second exam of the esteem Joint Entrance Examinations. All those candidates who have scored valid marks in the first exam, i.e. JEE Main will be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced, provided they fulfil the rest of the prescribed eligibility criteria too. Candidates who will qualify in JEE Advanced will have to participate in counselling and seat allotment procedure organised by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA), the body set up by MHRD for the purpose.
Joint Admission Counselling (JAC), Delhi
JAC Delhi is held for admission to DTU, NSIT, IGDTUW, IIITD. Joint Admission Counselling (JAC) starts after declaration of JEE Main result. Seat allotment result is being displayed online on basis of rank and preference. The counselling is held for 85% seats from candidates belonging to Delhi region and the remaining 15% seats with the outside state candidates.
Last Month Preparation Strategy for JEE Main
The last month of preparation is very important for JEE Main aspirants as it can make or break your future dream. Hence, give extra emphasis during this month. Qualifying the JEE Main in last few days is tough but not impossible. A bit of strategy and focused approach can help you to get good marks. JEE Main is considered as the toughest examination hence, cracking the test is not a cakewalk. However, if you are determined and can push yourself to an extra mile, then nothing is impossible.